Refurbished family cottage

aerobubbles

Hi we have refurbished my grandparents old cottage over the past few years and we moved in this year. This property was never registered fir property tax as it was unliveable. How do i go about getting it registered now what do i need to do? Its on the farm a couple hundref yards from main family home

I’m no expert but I reckon if you contact The Revenue or look them up online you should be able to register your property there.

Hi we have refurbished my grandparents old cottage over the past few years and we moved in this year. This property was never registered fir property tax as it was unliveable. How do i go about getting it registered now what do i need to do? Its on the farm a couple hundref yards from main family home

If the property was never registered, then it was likely considered derelict which tallies with your unlivable comment. you need to apply for planning permission to bring it back into use.

Photographs and details of ESB connection will also assist.in case of any potential tax issues.

Hi there I was in a similar position because I bought a derelict house around the time property tax was introduced. I actually just paid the tax but my solicitor pointed out that a house has to be fit for human habitation in order to be liable for the tax. I offered quite a lot of proof to revenue including photos of the house and a letter from a civil engineer confirming it was derelict and one from the ESB confirming the lack of an electricity connection and Revenue refunded my property tax payment.

Back