Refund on Flight due to death in family

polo1

Hi
A long shot I know but just wondering if you are entitled to any refund on flights due to a death in the family.
Mr Polo and Mr Polo Jnr and myself were to due to fly to UK last weekend but Dad passed away... I didnt have travel insurance as I thought about getting it in case as he got sick a week or so previous. With the excess of 75 ea I thought it wasnt worth it as the flights were only 230 for the 3 of us.
Just wondering if I can claim anything back from the airlines or is it a lost cause?I didnt get a chance to cancel the flight etc

Thanks,

First of all can I say I'm very sorry for the loss of your dad.

You can claim back the taxes on any unused flight ticket from the airline itself.

Sorry for your loss.

I would say it is worth a try as have been in a similar situation (number of years ago) and received a full refund. It may feel slightly intrusive though, but I understood their process, as they wanted a copy of the death certificate before refunding.

However, people I dealt with were more than understanding and had no problems with refunding me.

Sorry for your loss.

I would say it is worth a try as have been in a similar situation (number of years ago) and received a full refund. It may feel slightly intrusive though, but I understood their process, as they wanted a copy of the death certificate before refunding.

However, people I dealt with were more than understanding and had no problems with refunding me.

I agree. Similar thing happened me. They can only say no.

Back