Refund of pension related deduction

roytheboyo

In the case where an individual works less than 2 years for public service, and doesnt have the option to defer the pension, how (or does) the person get a refund of the pension related deduction?
To be clear, no pension is payable ever, therefore surely PRD should be refunded?

It should be available by written request from payroll - taxed at marginal rate. I did it a couple of years ago, no problems. Got USC back too.

It should be available by written request from payroll - taxed at marginal rate. I did it a couple of years ago, no problems. Got USC back too.
Find this a bit hard to understand. The pension related deduction is taken even where the particular employee is not entitled to join a PS pension scheme (or where the pension entitlement will not be greater than the state contributory pension the worker would be entitled to anyway, so there is no actual benefit), for example: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=183899&page=2

Is it possible that arbitron is referring to a refund of superannuation contributions which is possible with less than 2 years service? Although I must confess to being stumped as to how arbitron got back USC.

Back