Redundant after 12 years

i really dont think that would be permitted Cisco, although employers try and get away with all sorts. The RP50 form (its on the revenue site) has two date fields that need to be completed - the date of termination, AND the date of notice of termination. Read over what the posters say above regarding minimum notice. Where they are not giving you the required notice the should be paying you in lieu of that notice. Dont worry too much, they owe you at least 15k (tax free) as the Don08 points out, and the market is still strong for experienced IT folks. Follow up with any specific questions you may have, and good luck.

was just on the phone to NERA National Employment Rights Authority
they say
1 contracting period is not included in my redundancy calculation.

2 employer is only obliged to give me all my details of redundancy payments 2 weeks
before termination of my employment.

3 notice period begins once they inform me verbally (nothing written)

hi, glad you got some clarity, although i would dispute point 1, especially if you have p60 records showing you were paid directly by the company, and not via a separate agency. Just because it was called contracting doesnt mean you were not employed by the company. See http://www.entemp.ie/employment/redundancy/faq.htm#faq24

re. point 2, that may be correct with regard to the details of the payment (need to get into work to check) but note you are entitled to a minimum of two weeks notice, which increases on a sliding scale per service. For service between 10-15 years you are entitled to 6 weeks notice.

re. point 3, this wasnt my understanding, sorry if i misled you on that, i'll check up on it when i get to work tomorrow.

Im still working out my notice, 3 weeks to go
The company had hired contractors to come in and work last weekend.
There are still people working here who could have done the work.
Surely they cant contract work out while letting people go?

Back