Redundancy

G

Glinsker

Hi,

I am likely to lose my job in January, I have only been working there since June (incl. 2 month trial). I was wondering if I would be entitled to anything?

As I got yet been paid any holiday pay, I would like to know how much paid holidays I am entitled to, I heard it is 8% but don't know.

Thanks for any info....

well in the construction industry it is on a cessar pay basis. you get 13.65hours for every month that you work more than 117hours in. not sure for other sectors.
8% you say. 8 % of what?

what does it say in your employee handbook or T&C's?

8% of hours worked, say you have worked 25 weeks @ 39 hours = 975 hours, hol pay would be 8% of 975 being 78 hours hol pay = 2 weeks pay.

Statutory hol entitlement is 20 days per annum, employer is not obliged to let you carry these into next year, be cautious here, they could be forfeited. Best to check out the company policy on carrying hols. The 20 days per annum can be calculated as 1 and 2 thirds days per calender month ie 20 divided by 12 and multiplied by months employed.

Secman

Glinksker

Please read the Posting Guidelines and edit the title of this thread accordingly.

I have deleted responses until the post complies

Back