Redundancy Rights - being messed around

ftb_lee

Hi all, sorry in advance for the long post but I really need some advice on this as I'm starting to crack up!
4weeks ago i was called in by my employer totally unexpectedly to say that my job is being made redundant and they are taking the accountant out of each of our branches and having one in each region instead. They said that they haven't decided who's looking after each region yet so I MAY OR MAY NOT be made redundant. they said they were going through a process of deciding who they want in each region and wanted voluntary redundancies while they decided.
2days later my partner got made redundant so I wasn't in a position to go for the voluntary redundancy so I kept my head down and kept doing my work. Few days later HR rings me and asks if i'd thought anymore about going for redundancy and said they were trying to make up numbers. (obviously i was disgusted at HR putting this pressure on me)
She also told me in that phonecall that if im made redundant ill be finished on 14th of May.

Now the 14th of May is fast approaching and I'm still none the wiser! They said they are still "in the process of deciding". It's cruel how they just leave you hanging while they decide your faith.

Then i got called into the office the other day and was told that a job had come up in another branch if i was interested but i wasn't given any details and i was put on the spot if i wanted it or not!
I went back to my desk and made a few calls only to find out that the position they were trying to fob me off with was maternity cover in admin and it was only 6months - which they failed to mention! Obviously they thought it was a great way of moving me on without having to pay me off..
Now ive started applying for jobs and one is looking hopeful but where do I stand in terms of leaving here? Can I just request the redundancy??
Any help would be great! :(

Back