Redundancy - Dole advice.

A

AUDZ

Hi,

New to this so sorry if I miss any info.

I have been working since 2 July 2007 – till just about 2 and a half hours ago.
I just got made redundant.

I do not qualify for any Redundancy package, as you have to be working 2 yrs.

I am getting one month’s wage, which was in my contract anyway, and holiday pay I am due, 10 days.

I just started work the minute I got out of college, after 4yrs degree course, and I live with my boyfriend in his family home – I pay rent.
But I have been saving to go away, for a year, and I had planned on handing in my notice in September anyway, to leave in October, so basically I am missing two months wages, from my savings for going away for a year, that I had planned on.

I have my visas and everything sorted, just worried about my money situation.

But I just need to know about the dole, and applying. And as I’m not ‘renting’ from a landlord, giving my fiancé’s mother money but this is not on any record/ rent book etc..and I pay bills etc..

As I don’t think I will be able to get 3 months work somewhere, August/Sept/Oct, - going away start of November.

Anyone any help or advice, would greatly appreciate it.

I was told to apply straight away as I got made Redundant , I’m allowed to get the dole? But really I haven’t a clue about the dole or what it entails to apply for it etc?

Oh I am 25yrs if that makes any difference.

Thanks a lot for any advice.

But I just need to know about the dole, and applying.
Go to your local SW office on Tuesday with any relevant documentation (e.g. P45, RP1 redundancy form, P60 etc.) and ask about Jobseeker's Benefit/Allowance.
And as I’m not ‘renting’ from a landlord, giving my fiancé’s mother money but this is not on any record/ rent book etc..and I pay bills etc..
I don't understand your point/question here.
As I don’t think I will be able to get 3 months work somewhere, August/Sept/Oct, - going away start of November.
Or here.
I was told to apply straight away as I got made Redundant , I’m allowed to get the dole? But really I haven’t a clue about the dole or what it entails to apply for it etc?
If you have enough PRSI contributions and are genuinely available for an seeking work then you will get Jobseeker's Benefit. If you don't have enough PRSI contributions then you will be means tested for Jobseeker's Allowance. See www.welfare.ie for details of the qualification criteria these payments.

Also - send a Form P50 to Revenue in case you can claim any tax back:

Form P50 - First Claim for Repayment During Unemployment

Hi,

But I just need to know about the dole, and applying. And as I’m not ‘renting’ from a landlord, giving my fiancé’s mother money but this is not on any record/ rent book etc..and I pay bills etc..

The OP might be referring to entitlement to Rent Supplement. If so, for info - in cases where a person is "bunking in", or sharing with friends and not an official tenant, no rent supplement would be payable.

Back