Redunancy - Part-time

bellandbear

Hi everyone,

Just got news today that my job is gone !!! I was part-time for 2 years but just recently finished working full time for 15 weeks. How is my redunancy calculated is it based on my earnings for the last few weeks as they were higher than my part-time employment.

Hope your all able to help. Also my employer said that he wont be able to pay redunancy and it will have to be the statutory redunancy, do you have to wait a long time for that. BTW I was employed for 6 years with my job full time until 2 years ago (made part-time)and then 15 weeks full time up until now. Is the statutory redunancy much less then if the employer paid as well.

Thanks

It is based on your normal hours at the time you were made redundant. If your normal hours are now considered to be full time, then your redundancy will be based on your full-time wages.

If however your extra hours are only considered overtime, then your redundancy will be based on your old normal wages with an additional amount calculated for overtime. To calculate overtime they use the 26 week period ending 13 weeks prior to the termination of employment.

See the following guide for more details: [broken link removed]

There are specific different rules about piece workers (ie, workers not paid on a time basis) and shift workers which are set out in the above guide too.

Back