AIB Reduction applied to someone else's account

SuzieJ

I would have known nothing about the lump sum being paid either only my friend told me he had received his. I am not sure where to go from here with this whole thing as i am completely unhappy about the account that lump sum went into. Surely if it is my redress it is mine to do with as i wish?? I only discovered this site today so id like to apologize if i broke any posting laws etc.

@SuzieJ the amount paid this week went off people's mortgage account, so reduced what we owe. Nobody had any choice about where the payment went. We are grateful that the payment has been made as we now owe less.

Rarrrrrr it went off peoples mortgage accounts irrelevant of if they still have the house or not. That is the point i was making.

Suzie can you explain further? If your mortgage is still open with AIB then the 12% will come from that.

Rarrrrrr it went off peoples mortgage accounts irrelevant of if they still have the house or not. That is the point i was making.
The redress is linked to a specific mortgage account and the reduction was applied directly to that account

Back