Redemption figure wrong? Where to take complaint

Daniel12

We sold our apartment, our redemption figure was €316,938.12 with Start. However the starting balance on 1st February when transferred from PTSB was €315,824.21 All payments made each month (interest only as had restructured), so Feb/Mar/April payments. It reads as follows:

Starting Balance: €315,992.91
Sealing Charge: €0
Interest : €5878.89
Tax Relief: €262.50
Total Payments: €4761.07
Building Insur Premiums €89.89
Redemption Figure €316,938.12

Couple of points, Building Insurance Premiums is actually our Life Insurance amounts, so no idea why that is there. They list their Daily Rate @ €39.07 which means their Interest is over calculated by €1229.56. I also have a statement from them from 1/7/2018 to 28/2/2019 with a closing balance of €315,824.21.

They are a nightmare to deal with, and obviously there is some problem with their calculations, so my question is where do I take the complaint to? The sale is done as we needed to get rid of it- but I need to recoup any loss as we barely broke even on the sale.

If you're certain that they've made a mistake, lodge a formal complaint with them. After that, if you're not satisfied, go to the ombudsman.
They might be correct, but it's impossible to know without more information; interest rate, the date of month interest applies to your account (you'll get from statement), the last date it had applied prior to 1st February.

I have lodged a number of complaints and they just don't get back at all, the first complaint was lodged in March 2019- so basically ignored all correspondence. I have the Financial Ombudsman Complaint forms that I will complete and send in.

Back