Recovery of data from dead Samsung mobile phone

Up Rovers

Water damaged mobile, which is completely dead, has some data that was not backed up to Google/Samsung account. Is it possible to recover the data by taking it to repair shop, or possibly, using some data recovery software? I've seen one advertised, that allows you to look and see if the particular files can be recovered or not, and allows 8 in total if purchased. Intend transferring the data to new mobile that has been purchased.

Would getting the old mobile repaired be a better idea and recycle it to family member? One repair guy did say that after water damage phones are never 100% the same? Phone is about 5 years old but relative would only have small usage.

Any advice appreciated.

Is the phone being recognised when connected into a notebook/PC? If so recovery software might work.

Otherwise bring it to a reputable repair shop. If the system board isn't completely borked they could connect it to a rig to access the data. Otherwise they'd have to desolder the mem chips to put in a working board, all depends what value the data you want is worth.

Definitely no backups in the cloud? WhatsApp etc etc

Edit: presume the phone is completely dried out, tried a recovery mode boot etc?

Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply.

A lot of what you mention above goes over my head :)

Went to one or two repairers today and they both said motherboard needs to be replaced. 3rd repairer, that I was referred to, said that it is not possible to get a new motherboard for the A50, only 2nd hand and he does not do that type of repair.

No backups in the cloud unfortunately. Photos were only being backed up from albums not the more recent ones that I would love to recover as sadly departed relative photos and poor doggie as well :(

WhatsApp, notes, calendar and some photos all gone, the contacts were backed up to card T.G.

Back