Recommended Pension

JohnnyBoy

Excuse my absolute ignorance!-I'm trying to sort out a pension before the tax deadline & I know next to nil re pensions.A broker who seems like a guy I can trust has recommended(he says he is totally independent) has recommended a Protected Management Fund with Eagle Star as opposed to a standard fund.
I know it's horses for courses as regards what pension suits a particular individual,but I feel I need a managed fund as I wouldn't know how manage myself(annual charge is 1.5%).My queries are
1.Does anybody have any particular opinion re this fund?
2.Are there any other funds that are quite popular for 31 year old
3.Will I be able to switch funds in a years time if I manage to educate myself some bit?

If I was 31, I would not be 'protecting' my fund at an additional cost of 0.5% of the fund value per annum.

I'm trying to sort out a pension before the tax deadline & I know next to nil re pensions.

Even though the ROS online taxation deadline is 16th November, I'm pretty sure the pension needed to have been sorted out by October 31st if you are back-dating to 2005 tax year. If it's the 2006 tax year, you have until next October 31st.

Even though the ROS online taxation deadline is 16th November, I'm pretty sure the pension needed to have been sorted out by October 31st if you are back-dating to 2005 tax year.

Pension deadline is also, apparently, 16 November!

Even though the ROS online taxation deadline is 16th November, I'm pretty sure the pension needed to have been sorted out by October 31st if you are back-dating to 2005 tax year. If it's the 2006 tax year, you have until next October 31st.

Revenue have confirmed previously that where you file a tax return via ROS the latest date to make a pension contribution is the ROS filing date, i.e. this year 16th November

I have been offered pretty much the same thing - so am interested in any replies... Is it a good option for a PRSA?

A broker who seems like a guy I can trust has recommended(he says he is totally independent) has recommended a Protected Management Fund with Eagle Star as opposed to a standard fund.

Has he explained, in writing, why this particular product is the most suited for you ?

My broker did say they were doing an Advice PRSA as opposed to a standard because they can charge me less commission - does that make sense?

They can charge more for that type of PRSA as it is a 'Non-Standard' PRSA.

Back