Recommendations for timber floor for hall please

DesignA

hi, i have tiles that i want to take up in my L-shaped hall. i have pine doors and skirtings which have clear nail varnish on the. they are quite yellow / glossy in colour. what kind of timber floor would you recommend to match up with them.

We replaced out tiles two years ago and had considered timber flooring, however the few houses I viewed who had them they had a battered/worn look about them. One house had a tiled bit inside the front door.

You could try a showroom where they should offer suggestions. Good luck with the terrible messy job of removing the tiles!!

Hello,

If you are going for wood, I strongly recommend you go for a hardwood floor - they are far better wearing, could be sanded down and revarnished or stained in years to come if ever really needed etc.

We put wooden floors into our house about eight years ago and after doing some research, went with hardwood floors (floating) - best move we ever made.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I am looking at laminate(oak effect) at the moment myself to go through a living room and dining room, 12mm thick, laminates are graded and any of the products I have looked at are suitable for heavy domestic/light commercial traffic so would be ideal in my opinion for a hallway, its also recommended for kitchens too, just throwing it in as another option.

The (original) floor in the hall of our 1953 built house is made from solid steamed beech about 5/8 of an inch thick. The sitting room and dining room are the sam material, although we have carpeted the sitting room. other than going over the beech with some Danish Oil every couple of years there is no maintenance.

Back