Recommendations for suppliers for driveway gates

Jazz01

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a company to supply & install driveway gates in the Cork area - I'm looking to replace driveway gates as the years of the paint holding together the current pair of gates isn't working this year! Not going to look at the electric/auto gates, just the bog standard metal gates.

Any "gotchas" in relation to replacing gates? Go for pre-coated or paint as soon as installed, or any other hints / tips would be appreciated!

thanks in advance...

Try a recycled plastic gate. No rust, No painting, long life and available in different colours.

Thanks for the responses on this...

@rayn - I was looking at the plastic gates, but with a couple of "active" soccer / GAA kids in the household, I'm wondering if such a gate would hold up over time when being used as a goal... :)

Try Iarann Buailte Blasta Teoranta (Paudie Cronin) in Ballingeary. I don't have a mobile for him but his landline is 026 45886.

He does good, galvanised gates and he fits them on site. I got gates from him about 10 years ago (galvanised & painted black - and all I do is wash them with the power washer every year - gates as perfect as the day he fitted them) and they cost around €1100 at the time.

As far as I know he's based in the Údarás Estate in Ballingeary.

(No affiliation to him - just a satisfied customer)

Mine is really solid and each member is about 100mm x 100 mm in cross section

Back