Recommendations for skip hire.

Up Rovers

Looking at hiring a skip and as usual prices are much the same no matter which company I check out. Even with having an account with Thorntons it does not appear to make much of a difference to price.

Has anyone used www.kollect.ie or https://www.skipsonwheels.ie/

Some of the companies give a warning that the 8 cu yd can take lighter weight as compared to the 6 cu yd which seems strange. Lighter metal in the bin itself.

Who are most efficient with delivery and collection?

Thanks.

I've used Thorntons in the past and had no complaints.

It's worth taking the time to estimate how large a skip you need; getting the larger size is significantly cheaper than finding out you have to get a second smaller skip.

Don’t forget you can increase your skip capacity by placing boards and/or planks inside the sides of the skip, to effectively raise the height of the sides. You’ll notice this done on building sites quite a bit.

The City Bin Co. (red bin guys) offered 10% discount recently, if you wanted to try their code, it's : JOBDONE

The KeyWaste Babby Skip (green bags) are great, for smaller quantities. Bags can be purchased in a lot of hardware stores, the likes of Woodies etc.

What are you disposing of? Can you bring it to somewhere like Ballymount? It usually works out a lot cheaper than getting a skip.

The KeyWaste Babby Skip (green bags) are great, for smaller quantities. Bags can be purchased in a lot of hardware stores, the likes of Woodies etc.

These skip bags are great. I’ve used several of all sizes in recent years. The advantage is that they’re more discreet and don’t attract rummagers. Also, you can have them in position for weeks or more while you decide what you want to get rid of. Small upfront charge for the bag with the bulk of the charge payable prior to collection.

I think the Skip Bags work out fairly expensive compared to an equivilent metal skip hire. The big advantage is that you dont have a time limit for lifting it.
If you have access to a decent sized car, your local Bring Centre will often work out chrapest of all.

Back