Recommendations for Hotel in Barcelona

Petermack

Travelling with my wife and 3 year old son in May 2014 to Barcelona for a few days. Has anyone any recommendations on hotels to stay and probably more important areas in Barcelona to stay. I presume the closer to Las Ramblas you stay, the more expensive the hotels become ?

Travelling with my wife and 3 year old son in May 2014 to Barcelona for a few days. Has anyone any recommendations on hotels to stay and probably more important areas in Barcelona to stay. I presume the closer to Las Ramblas you stay, the more expensive the hotels become ?

There are lots of discussions on this on Tripadvisor and, especially, its sister site cruisecritic.com, where there is a huge amount of discussion of hotels in Bareclona as it is a major cruise embarkation port.

As Slim says search this site and other sites .. this is a very common topic

There aren't that many hotels on Las Ramblas and those that are there aren't great either I don't think .. I've always found the "H10" chain of hotels to be good value in Barcelona .. they've several hotels in different parts of town.

I'd advise staying within 10 minutes walk (so say 1km) of Placa Catalunya (the main town square at the top of Las Ramblas) - probably North or West of here in the newer part of town than South or East in the older part .. you'll find lots of hotels including several H10 hotels in this area.

i stayed here. it was 8 years ago but it was good value and one block away from las ramblas and Plaza Catalunya which is where the airport bus drops you

Hi there

We ,my wife and I stayed at the hotel LLeo which is very close to Las Ramblas. Its a few years ago now but might be worth checking out. I know that at the time we were very happy with it and it was quite reasonable.

We did one night in this hotel a few years back, and I really liked it;

http://www.barcelonairporthotel.com/en/home

It is located in a commercial area, near the airport and out of town. But they have (or had) a free shuttle to/from the city centre, and I thought it would make a nice base for a few days in Barcelona.

Back