Recommendations for family car for 5k

peteb

Hi Guys,

Bit of advice needed. I just managed to sell my 2000 Celica. Breaks my heart cos i paid 12k and shifted it for 5k. Anyways the girlfriend is learning to drive and I wanted to get a more suitable car, and thinking of kids in the future.

Looking to spend the 5k on a second hand, trying to get up a few years and need something with enough boot space for the golf clubs and electric trolley. And needs to have a bit of poke. Anyone any recommedations/suggestions. I like the look of the 2004 Laguna but dont know much about them. Im not too fussed on resale because I'll be driving it for the next 3 years till the loan is finished and then i'll probably let the OH have it and get a new one.

Thanks

[broken link removed]

Family car for €4999... however road tax would be around €800 i think on a 2lt.

Lagunas look nice, but I have known 3 people whom had trouble with them. One in particular had a habbit of opening windows on its own.

Alfa 156's are in that price range, but can have issues such as electrics acting up.

There are plenty of Mondeos too for that price on carzone. I used to have a 2002 1.8lt petrol one and was happy enough with it.

Surely the santa fe would be too much of a shock to the sytem after the celica.

Plenty of mondeo laguna passat types out there.

I would say go for diesel.

Might be worth going north www.usedcarsni.com

Go max price 3000 pounds should leave you under 5k all in.

Check the following link possible options in the North. Bought one recently in Enniskillen and the importation is really very simple once you are sure of the authenticity of the car you are buying. A lot are ex leased cars but it is simple to check if there is any finance due on them. A huge spec as well.

http://www.usedcarsni.com/search_results.php?sortby=&search_type=1&keywords=&make=0&trans_type=0&price_from=3000&age_from=2003&model=0&fuel_type=2&price_to=4000&age_to=0&location%5B%5D=-1&location%5B%5D=85&location%5B%5D=87&location%5B%5D=86&x=27&y=9

Back