Recommendations for duel sim mobile phones please

you're gas

I believe there is such an animal as a duel sim phone in existence out there. Can anyone recommend one? I'm prejudiced towards Nokia and don't particularly like all the new touch screen phones that are about at the minute. My phones get a fair bit of abuse and usually look ancient after 2 or 3 weeks of use.

Cheers.

I've got a sim splitter that I bought about ten years ago and it works perfectly. They give you a new back (slightly wider) which accomodates two sim card pockets. From these there is a relay going to another (non number) sim which fits into the normal sim pocket. Got it in a small mobile shop almost across from Yamamori (Gt George's St., I think). I forget the price but it was not too expensive.

Thanks Captain,

how does it work i.e. can you receive a call on either number and how do you know which one your calling from?

These will only have one no. or sim on at a time.

We need to tell the phone to switch from sim to sim to check.

We have two of them - Bought them in China . - Not all they are ''cracked up to be ''

The OP descibed the duel sim phone as an 'animal ' and it is true .

On our ones , you can have both sims on at the same time , but you can only receive one call ata atime .

If you are on a call - the other sim card will not ring .

They certainly have advantages , as you can have 2 sim cards from any network in the one phone .

Maybe Nokia have tailored these duel sim phones to suit , but the generic type one from China would not be recommended by us .

Thanks Captain,

how does it work i.e. can you receive a call on either number and how do you know which one your calling from?
Both are on but only one will ring. The other is on answerphone. To switch from one to the other, you simply switch off and then on. You know which number you're on by your screen visual intro. Handy because you can have business and personal sims all in one instead of toting two sets around.

A lat at work got one of these for going to australia. Cheap as chips and worked a treat. Major disadvantage is thst you dont have the Nokia PC Suite facility. It is just a dual sim phone (and a TV, yes, a TV, not that you would ever use it).

[broken link removed]

Back