Recommendations for Cleaning Car Seats

MandaC

Anyone any tips for cleaning the car seat fabrics.

My front seats look a bit grubby and the black fabric looks a bit grey, and I want to spruce it up to put it on Carzone. Any tips.

If your happy enough and have time to wet the seats and let them dry, scrubbing them with a soft scrubbing brush and warm soapy water works a treat. Also great for the car mats and inside doors.

Worth getting a valet if you are putting it up for sale IMHO.

I would have once recommended the same but now am vehemently opposed to it. There is nothing here that cannot be done yourself, using a combination of elbow grease and the right materials. I recently valeted my own car and did a perfect job. Last year I paid a guy €150 to do it. Never again.

I paid €75 for a valet last year when putting my old car up for sale and for a once-off it was well worth it.

I wash and wax my own car myself at least twice a month-it takes time, effort and money (for the right materials and products) but it is worth it.

LIDL have a special on car cleaning materials etc starting tomorrow, thurs.
Enjoy!

Bought a brush yoke last year in Lidl or Aldi and the water was supposed to come through it some way but it never worked.

This is going to be a case of diy. Am already paying for a full service and not willing to fork out any extra for valet.

If it sells, it sells, if not I will just have to keep it.

got an aerosol car in Halfords, bog standard upholstry cleaner, nothing swanky. Using it and a (clean) washing up brush I scrubbed the seats and they came out great, light coloured fabric with all manner of juice, bikkies, chocolate, yoghurt stains (I'll get those darned kids ...as they say in Scooby Doo !!).

New buyer said the car was immaculate (as it was). Will post the name of the cleaner tomorrow but a DIY job is more than sufficient.

Back