recommendations for a really plush hotel in Dublin city centre for a special one nigh

JMR

Any recommendations for a really plush hotel in Dublin city centre for a special one night stay?

Re: Top Hotel in Dublin City Centre

The Westbury (off Grafton Street), The Gresham (O'Connell Street) or The Westin (College Green) are probably the most luxurious hotels in the city centre. I haven't stayed in any of them myself, but have been to weddings/meals/conferences in all three, and have never been disappointed with the service.

The Four Seasons (about 2 miles outside city centre) are offering good rates at the moment. The top hotels in the city are the Merrion Hotel on Merrion St and the Shelbourne Hotel on St. Stephen's Green.

I think the Gresham is now a 4 star and wouldn't really compare to the others in terms of luxury in my opinion. All others mentioned are 5 star.

Unless you've a reason for staying in the very centre of the city you can't beat the 4 Seasons. Very luxurious and a very good (albeit very expensive) restaurant

Thanks for the replies.
What is the name of the big hotel (new enough) on St. Stephens Green at the corner of Harcourt St. I think?
What is it like?

Add to the list The Shelbourne, The Merrion.
For small luxurious-ish intimate hotel, you may like Brown's Hotel on 22 St Stephen's green, few doors down from the Shelbourne. I have never stayed there, only been few times to their restaurant.
I would not recommend the Gresham.

The Dylan in Temple Bar is another one - more for the fact that it is the trendy hotel of the moment - great bar and very funky lighting and seating throughout ...

Personally I think the Merrion is probably the classiest hotel in Dublin. The Westin and Four Seasons are just too American for me! And its right next to some of the finest pubs Dublin has to offer!

The Dylan in Temple Bar is another one - more for the fact that it is the trendy hotel of the moment - great bar and very funky lighting and seating throughout ...

Temple Bar?
Off Baggot St I think you mean.
Nice hotel, uber trendy, rooms are a bit small though but the restaurant was extremely good (got a room as a gift).

Would have to be The Merrion for me , certainly has that bit of class to it.

Another suggestion for you - Brooks Hotel, Drury St (across from the car park) - 4-star I think, very nice place to stay (I stayed a night last month).

Temple Bar?
Off Baggot St I think you mean.
Nice hotel, uber trendy, rooms are a bit small though but the restaurant was extremely good (got a room as a gift).

mea culpa!

The CLarence is also worth a look....

I would agree that if you are choosing the hotel purely for the 'environment' experience and you are planning to enjoy the room atmosphere you should go for the Westin (College Green) or the Clarence.

the hotel on the corner of Stephen's Gree and Harcourt is one of the O'Callaghan hotels, nice but not amazing. Shelbourne would get my vote

Any recommendations for a really plush hotel in Dublin city centre for a special one night stay?

What is the occasion? Why a plush hotel as opposed to any normal and acceptable hotel? So you really want to be ripped off. Sucker.

Clarence is v disappointing. Rooms are basic to say the least. Not luxurious in any sense.
Lobby area etc nothing to write home about.
Dylan looks amazing.... bit off the beaten track but for wow factor defo the one to go for.
If central you are looking for Westin is spot on and amazing.

Westin very nice, but a bit cold in its atmosphere. Haven't tried the Shelbourne since it re-opened (apart from visits to the bar) but have heard great reports about it. Would go for the Shelbourne I think next time I'm staying in town.

Back