Recommendation on Decent Accountants

J

Jason

I have been working as an IT contractor now for about 5 years and have been paying out around 2K a year to unreliable accountants. I have been using Contract Management Resources recently and they have students doing my accounts.

I am looking for a decent reliable accountant who would be willing to give advice and answer queries. I would be willing to pay 3K per year.

Can anyone recommend a good accountant?

I would advise that you should ask your friends/ people in the same business for advice.
I would be slow to take advise on the subject of accountants/solicitors from a website as you never know whether someone is actually touting for business for themselves.
I know that I have a conflict of interest but IMHO feel that you are better off going to a small firm for personal service unless your affairs are exceptionally complicated.

Conflict of Interest note:I am a practicing accountant

Re-

Hello Jason.. Yes, as Jem says there are a lot of people who tout for business here and will promise you the stars etc.. I have just started a small business and have been in touch with a few recommendations from AAM, say no more!
I would only be glad to help as I have been put in touch with a very good accountant through a work colleague. He explained all in great detail yet simplfied everything. Have a chat with him before anyone else.
Stuart 8574870/ 085 7030301.

Re: Re-

Hello Jason.. Yes, as Jem says there are a lot of people who tout for business here and will promise you the stars etc..
Are u doing this g?
If not why not post the name of the accountancy firm address etc.

Sorry Jem..

I wish I knew how to! Sorry, I thought it was best to give name and direct number.

re-

Probably do Jem and not being smart either but I thought that was what AAM was for?? Since I came accross it I have since, started my own business, bought a great LCD screen at a great price, got my wooden floors and carpets cheaper than anywhere, got great info on weekend trips etc etc etc... So if its a crime to pass on the same recommendations that were passed onto to me then i'm wasting my time reading other peoples posts...

Re: Sorry Jem..

g,
I have no problem with anyone being recomended at all. all I asked for was that you would post the name and address of the firm in question.

Back