Recommendation for floor sander

guido

Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for someone to sand and varnish semi-solid floors in my house - small area. As usual, price is very much an issue, as tbh, I would tackle it myself but would love the job done properly. Im in Dublin 15. Thanks.

I used EV Kidds in Clontarf - they were recommended to me. If you give them the square footage over the phone, they'll give you a quote.

David Barnes is the man I always use for floor sanding.

Not a single person do I know that has ever complained about him or his work.

I asked EV Kidd to come over and see my own floor when David was too busy they quoted around €700, I decided to wait for David and he finally came and charged me €300.

I can post his number if required.

I'm thinking of painting my floorboards. Modern floor, possibly white deal wood. I was told that all I need to do is paint with oil primer and then sand down. I was just going to use a bit of hand held sandpaper. It is a bathroom area. Then use an oil based paint once I have it sanded down. Sounds easy enough job or am I kidding myself?

I'm thinking of painting my floorboards. Modern floor, possibly white deal wood. I was told that all I need to do is paint with oil primer and then sand down. I was just going to use a bit of hand held sandpaper. It is a bathroom area. Then use an oil based paint once I have it sanded down. Sounds easy enough job or am I kidding myself?

Give the area a really good clean with water and soap.

Give it then a scrub with a pot scrubber.

Then use a waterbased paint to prime the floor boards.

Then use a floor paint.

I did this a couple of months ago and used a water based finish coat which so far has worked out fine.

Any up to date recommendations for anyone to do floor sanding? I have left a few messages for David Barnes but he has not returned my calls.

Any up to date recommendations for anyone to do floor sanding? I have left a few messages for David Barnes but he has not returned my calls.

Hes a well mentioned person and highly sought after,but it seems hes very busy and can be hard to get a hold of.

You dont allways hear your phone ringing when you have industrial sanders going all day long.

You don't always hear your phone ringing when you have industrial sanders going all day long.

Of course. Thats why I left a voice mail and followed up with a text a few days later and didn't get a reply. He obliviously isnt looking for any more work at present, so that's why I am looking for someone else.

Of course. Thats why I left a voice mail and followed up with a text a few days later and didn't get a reply. He obliviously isnt looking for any more work at present, so that's why I am looking for someone else.

IMO a return call or text would be nice allright.But maybe hes just up to his eyeballs at the moment???

Is he on Facebook by any chance?

You never know these days,thats how some companies and people operate a business.

Back