Recommendation for broadband and Sky sports Wexford town - value for money, service and reliability.

dakra51

I’m looking for recommendations for broadband, tv and sky sport for an apartment in Wexford town. Would be interested to hear from anyone in local area about their experience re value for money, service and reliability.

We'd need to know what connections are installed in the apartment. Ares there an existing phone line or satellite connections? What are the neighbours using?

So no connections at all?

If so, then you will depend on a 4G or 5G connexion

You may have different options
Enter your address at these

and

That will tell you what broadband is available from network providers

Not at present, there was a phone line previously
Unless someone ripped out all the cable there's still a phone line, just not an active connection contract. Let us know what the links above offer as options.

Sirocco is not available at my address. I have checked outvVirgin Media, it seems very expensive €145 per month for broadband, TV and sky sports when intro offer expires. I am working my way through other providers on opener and will post when I have more details

If you can get fibre what about the sky streaming service? 500mb BB and sky and netflix for 50 a month

You could get fiber broadband plus tv through a provider, and then use NowTv for Sky Sports?
Yep, and with Now you can just choose a monthly subscription for the sports and cancel easily online. Every now and then cancel it for a month or so and they'll usually email you a half price for 6 months offer,

Fibre does not seem to be available here, I am still checking options, but looks as if it might have to be wireless.

What part of Wexford Town are you in? I know openeir were doing their urban build there recently (it has just become available to my parents - out Newtown Road past the hospital)

Depending on how the services were run to each apartment it might be feasible to pull fibre, you'd need to check with the management company / agent. Do you own or rent?

Siro and Openeir don't do bespoke ftth provisioning to individual apartments from outside the development. They ask the OMC for permission to pull the fiber to service shafts, and then across to outside each apartment.

Back