Recommendation for bathroom Renovation D12

Petal

Registered User
Messages
886
I have a tiny bathroom (2 bed ex-council house), 1.5 x 1.9. I need a complete refurb. I saw one on the Ripples Facebook page that looked like my size and asked how much and they said their bathroom renovations start at ca 13K They seem very reputable, and since it’s my only loo in the house I need it done quickly enough, so can’t afford to have it done over weeks on end.

Has anyone got any recommendations for bathroom installers in South Dublin besides Ripples? Need to get a few quotes. Most important to me is a reliable professional company. If you have a similar bathroom I’d love to get ideas for layout, too. Right now shower tray and sink are on the right wall (behind door which opens to the right, and toilet is on wall opposite door.
 
Does the 13 k mean labour only ? The tiles and bathroom fittings are also quite expensive.
 
I didn't get a quote as such, I just asked about a facebook post that showed a bathroom similar to mine and they responded saying they couldn't tell me the exact price, but their bathrooms started at 13K.
 
You need to get more detail. Labour is one bill. The replacement components another. I’d recommend a visit to a good showroom. Bring your measurements and photos of existing layout. They will give you ideas of what is possible. Make a list of every item you will need. Price everything. Right down to tanking kit, toilet frame and tile trims. It all adds up.

You mind find it cheaper to buy most of the fittings online and then get tiles here. But you need advice on the layout first. Then more specific stuff depending on what you like.

You might need a bigger immersion and a water pump depending. You might need an electrician if you want an LED cabinet or a heated towel rail. A good showroom visit first and allow yourself time to think about the wish list.
 
It may not relate to your bathroom fittings/suite but we were warned by builder's providers that they regularly have people looking for parts for suites from abroad and they were unable to provide/get the parts. They particularly mentioned Cooke & Lewis stuff from B&Q.

I wasn't impressed with Bathroom Factory Store just off Long Mile Road and their reviews are not great.
 
They particularly mentioned Cooke & Lewis stuff from B&Q.
Funnily enough the UK use metric pipe sizes while we still use imperial!!! The challenge of getting parts has pretty much gone away though with the likes of Screwfix now stocking both Irish & UK standard parts. Both Screwfix & B&Q are part of the Kingfisher group.
 
You need to get more detail. Labour is one bill. The replacement components another. I’d recommend a visit to a good showroom. Bring your measurements and photos of existing layout. They will give you ideas of what is possible. Make a list of every item you will need. Price everything. Right down to tanking kit, toilet frame and tile trims. It all adds up.

You mind find it cheaper to buy most of the fittings online and then get tiles here. But you need advice on the layout first. Then more specific stuff depending on what you like.

You might need a bigger immersion and a water pump depending. You might need an electrician if you want an LED cabinet or a heated towel rail. A good showroom visit first and allow yourself time to think about the wish list.
Is this what you did? How much was yours in the end? I think my biggest worry is getting someone good to do the job. I've seen so many bad stories online about dodgy tiling, or tanking not done properly, leaking toilets.... I know Ripples aren't the cheapest, but they seem to have excellent reputation, that's why I was wondering are there similarly good companies that aren't quite as expensive... it seems crazy to me that a room smaller than 3m2 can cost 15 Grand or more!
 
It may not relate to your bathroom fittings/suite but we were warned by builder's providers that they regularly have people looking for parts for suites from abroad and they were unable to provide/get the parts. They particularly mentioned Cooke & Lewis stuff from B&Q.

I wasn't impressed with Bathroom Factory Store just off Long Mile Road and their reviews are not great.
Yes, I had that very issue many years ago when fitting new faucet in the kitchen.... And I saw plenty of bad reviews of the bathroom factory store, so I'll be staying well clear of them....
 
I would expect around €5k -€6k for labour to remove all the old stuff, install new bath, vanity unit, sink, cabinet and wall hung toilet plus tiling walls and floor. But you have to provide all the materials, except pipes and plasterboard for any ripped out walls. I’d expect they would include the price of the skip in this. I’d recommend buying good quality fittings and fixtures online e.g Reuter.de. I have done it and it’s worth taking the time to research. Make a list and get everything delivered before they come. They will be annoyed if any bits are missing or are the wrong size so take your time. Ask them to give you a list of the quantities of wall and floor tiles, adhesive, grout and trims.
 
Back
Top