Recommendation Dinner City Centre

Oilean Beag

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a reasonbly priced restaurant for dinner in the city centre ( can be north or south !) ?

Regularly head out with a couple of friends for a meal & a chat & feel that we are constantly frequenting the same places ( Milano, Cafe Bard Deli etc). I suppose that give an idea of the type of place Im talking about.

There has to be some jems out there that we have yet to come across.............. any suggestions/ experiences gratefully received !

Try Gotham Cafe on South Anne St (just of Grafton St). It's fab but you will have to book a table. No is 6795266.

Take a wander up to Parnell Street and sample some great Asian cuisine...Generally cheap and cheerful...Recommend Charming Noodles!

little Ceaser across from the westbury.
elephant and castle in temple bar.
south street restaurant on St Gt Geroges street.
101 Talbot Restaurant - 101 Talbot Street

Hey guys,

Some great reccommendations there, a real mixed bag !

Anyone tried Condotti ?

Thanks for all the replies !

If it is any help, I came across a right gem a few years back and it has remained consistently good and GREAT value.

It is a small Italian restaurant in Temple Bar (don't be put off by the location) called Il Baccaro. It is a genuine Italian as in the Italian community in Dublin eat there.

Don't expect any pizzas and there are only one or two pasta dishes on the menu - the rest of the items are pure Italy such as Italian sausage, veal and they even have a vegetarian dish which (according to my veggie friend) is fantastic.

Starters are typically Italian - parma ham, parmesan cheese, assorted meats etc and deserts - especially the tiramasu - is to die for!!

As regards cost - it is the best value I have found in Dublin. A meal for two - starter, main course, desert, litre carafe of wine and coffees - won't top €65.

Temple Bar totally confuses me so unfortunately I don't know the exact address of it but if you google it or look it up in the phone book, you will get the address. It is beside the college of photography methinks.

If you go there, have a lovely meal (the baby roast potatoes are mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!)

Oh, and by the way, I don't work there or have anything to do with the place. In this day and age, if you find somewhere where you get value for money, you shout it from the roof tops!!!!!

Hey guys,

Some great reccommendations there, a real mixed bag !

Anyone tried Condotti ?

Thanks for all the replies !

I've eaten there a few times - its very like Milano's but in my opinion Milano's is tastier.

Yamamori is my all time favourite!

I have eaten in Condotti and they do a great early bird two courses for €12.50 three for €15.00 as far as I remember. Pizzas are nice and so is the choc cake. My recommendation of the gotham cafe would be streets ahead but also more expensive but still reasonable.
I have also been in Baccaros in Temple Bar. It has been a while though so cannot remember the food but the atmosphere is brilliant. It is off the meeting house square -I think it's called- if you were coming from Dame St I think it's the last lane from there before the olympia and when your walking down this lane to temple bar there are steps on the left under an archway -go down these -when you get down to the square you have to turn back on yourself to the left- like hair pin.
Enjoy where ever you go.

My favourites are Da Pino, Italian Pizza / Pasta / Paella (top of Parliament Street) and the previously mentioned Yamamori on Georges Street. Both have tasty fare and are reasonably priced.

I think Da Pino has gone downhill at little lately. The service was really bad on a Thursday night a few weeks ago and the food wasn't as tasty as it used to be.

My regular haunts are all close to Connolly Station - Rayhoon on Talbot St, Il Vignardo on Store St (across from Busaras) and Thai Spice just off Store St (near the Garda Station). All good value, no need to book and haven't been disappointed yet!

Has Condotti closed (and Milano temple bar?) Tried to go at 8pm two saturdays ago and both were shut down??

Has Condotti closed (and Milano temple bar?) Tried to go at 8pm two saturdays ago and both were shut down??

Hi,

The last time I tried Condotti (mid January) it was closed too? It was a Sunday afternoon and we just thought it was a once off.

We headed over to Milano's in Temple Bar which was open.

Maloti (Indian) behind St Stephens Green Shopping centre does an all evening 2 course special for 16.95 and it's delicious.

Back