Recommendates for Business Insurance for a Contract PM

Lauren

Hi can anyone recommend a company quoting competitively for the following:

Employers Liability
Public Liability
Professional Indemnity

I'm an IT Contractor engaged as a Project Manager

Thanks in advance

i would question yourself about whether you need it or not - it is built into contracts with recruitment agency's but not a single IT contractor I know has it - i'm one and most of my mates are and none of us have it. agencies build it in as a cya but most companies don't require it.

It may be required for a contract I'm about to sign. I'm in the process of discussing it but need to get quotes so I know what I'm up for if necessary.

If you found something, post it please!

I have been quoted €1120pa by Power Lynch. This is the basic quote because my company will not have any access to critical data or be in charge of safefuarding systems etc (my own wording!). Power Lynch came as a recommendation from the contracting agency I am in contact with. I am still shopping around but anybody's lights on the topic would be welcome.

www.Powelynch.com
Power Lynch & Associates Ltd.,
81 Lower Kilmacud Road,
Stillorgan, Co. Dublin,
Ireland
Tel: (01) 278 8099
Fax: (01) 2788107

Hi D2x2,

What does you €1120 pa cover you for ?
Employers Liability
Public Liability
Professional Indemnity

Sorry,

Hi D2x2,

What does you €1120 pa cover you for ?
Employers Liability ?
Public Liability ?
Professional Indemnity ?

All of the above and at what level is the PI?

i've a small it company

our cover is

15k for computers/equipment
15k for computer records

EL of 13m
Public, product and pollution liability of 2.6m

cash in transit 10k
business interuption 35k

costing 416 per annum from first ireland www.firstireland.ie

Hi Lauren

We provide accountancy services to IT Contractors and we now refer most of our clients to BHP Insurance, they recently launched a product specifically aimed at IT Contractors

[broken link removed]

They have been quite competitive for anyone we have referred to them so far.

Regards
Paraic
www.prima.ie

Some details of my policy below, though they are pretty much for information as my circumstances will be different from anybody else's. Give them a call and they will send you the policy details by email, really no hassle.

e.g. CombinedOffice & Professional Indemnity

Public/Products Liability: € 1,300,000
Employers Liability (Based on 1 employee) €13,000,000 Computer Equipment: €5,000 (can be upped on request)

Back