Recommend Windows for Noisy Road

Zelda1959

I live on a very noisy road in Dublin and want to replace my windows. I am thinking of triple glazed, any recommendations would be great.

I live on a very noisy road in Dublin too (are we neighbours? :)) I have a Nordan vacuum seal sliding door (double glazed) and Nordan double glazed windows - can't speak of triple glazing but find the Nordan ones good.

Thank you, it's very hard to get advice, I am a widow and normally could rely on my husband for guidance.

Secondary glazing can work well in these circumstances, essentially another set of windows fitted to the inside of the window reveal. There are supplier recommendations in this and a few other older threads.

How bad is your current windows ? As Leo said if they are relatively new and in good nick then secondary windows could do the trick. The beauty of this is that you don't need to replace all your windows just whatever room(s) you want to curb the sound on. I used these guys from the west - they fit and deliver countrywide but their original website is down so not sure whether they're still in business.

In addition to your post: Worth looking into the Grants that SEAI (Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland) provide - as far as I know they have grants for installation of new windows.

I've recently been to Edinburgh and noticed so many of the homes alongside busy roads had secondary glazing, at first it looks odd but it makes complete sense as a solution to noise, it was widespread also so seems to be an accepted practice.

I have ordered the Rational. My neighbour is so pleased with her's it seems the right choice. Thanks so much to everyone for responding.

Back