Recommend New York Hotel

MPH

Heading out to New York for a week in October to see U2 at Madison Square Garden. Can you recommend a nice hotel, good value and central? Any help appreciated. thanks!

I've been to the Belvedere Hotel, West 48th, and would highly recommend it. Huge well-appointed rooms - I got it for about $125 per night 2 years ago. You'll need to shop around on the internet as the same room from a number of sources varied considerably in price - seen the same dates at +$250...

We stayed in FitzPatricks, Grand Central in March this year - location was excellent, it's on a quiet street - very little traffic and our room was on second floor front nad no traffic noise. Room was a good size and staff very helpful/friendly. It's also only 30 seconds walk to Grand Central Station so very well situated.

We booked online through www.hotelconxions.com

the comfort inn 42 W 35th st. A group of us stayed there last year for 4 days shopping & sight-seeing trip. It's not very plush, but it is perfectly clean and comfortable and very reasonable rates. A perfect location, right around the corner from Macys and and right near the empire state. When you come out the front door and turn left you are about 100metres from 5th Avenue. It was my 1st time in NY and I would have been a bit worried about safety and location etc (I've watched too much NYPD Blue etc), but everyone else on the trip were veterans and had stayed in this hotel before. The rates are room rates and include a buffet breakfast: cereals, bagels, donughts coffee. The published rates dont include the local tax but then that's the norm over there. There is a website for the comfort inn group and this hotel is on it. I haven't figured out how to add the links yet. HTH, have a great time

Highly recommend the Hotel Pennsylvania - directly opposite Madison Sq Garden, 5 minutes to Empire State, 5 mins to Macy's, close to Times Square and fairly reasonable. stayed there a couple of years ago and it was being done up at the time. Penn Station (mainline & subway) is just outside the door - v handy. We booked it through hotels.com and got a great deal.

Try www.offsoho.com . A group of us stayed there in January and we thought it was well worth the money. It worked out at $150 each for three nights. The rooms were very big and spacious. We had our own kitchen and bathroom. Some of the smaller rooms you have to share a bathroom with the room next door. We were only 10 mins walk from Canal Street. 5 mins from spring street station, and there is lots of nice restaraunts around and good drinking spots and clubs too. Also Soho is full of Museums. Id definitley stay there again. The staff were lovely too. If you do book it I can assure you will be impressed. Have a good trip!!

Go onto hotwire.com for the best deals. They don't tell you the name of the hotel, but they do give the area. Got a great deal through it last summer.

Back