Recommend good independent money adviser?

cibby

We are uttterly hopeless at the business of our money--tax etc--in the past 5 years we have done no tax returns -- he was unemployed for some time, now I am not working-- dont know where to begin or how to sort out our (good) financial assets, etc. We need really somebody like Eddie Hobbs to set us on the right tracks and help us live inside a budget, as we have so little income/money. We dont want to buy bank products so does anybody know of a qualified and experienced independent adviser, who would come here to our home, maybe one night, and help us to get it sorted once and for all--then once set up, I will commit to keeping us on track. Even if it takes more than one night --happy to pay an hourly rate, to such a tutor!! thanks folks!

See the IFSRA S.31 Register in this Key Post. Look for an Authorised Advisor.

If there are potential tax issues, you may be better of consulting an accountant/tax advisor first.

I've taken a look at the IFSRA advisors list.

Can someone explain what the "status" column means from the point of view of selecting an independent advisor? Should I only be looking for those with a status of "Authorised Advisor"?

Is the "Product Producers" column a list of the only product providers they deal with/recommend?

There's another post around here somewhere suggesting that professional advice is available for just €200 or thereabouts. Does this sound right?

Authorised Advisors are those that have to recommend the best product on the market. Multi Agancy intermediaries can only advise on those product providers with whom they have an agency. Tied Agents only advise on products from one specific product provider. That's it in general terms.

Back