Recommend Electric Hob Supplier

Larsheen

Apart from the usual, Currys,DID and Power City are there other retailers that might offer better prices?

You could try adverts or done deal might get one second hand some one might be putting in new kitchen LOL about tread titlle like hard to find a good tread tittle about an electric hob, your not writing a book about it are you.

Thanks galwaypat, I never thought of that! Will check now. Myself and diplomacy were never formally introduced, so I struggle sometimes and it seems that even with my best efforts I still get in trouble.

There's Harvey Norman, the Expert Electrical group, Electrocity, , . If you have a model or two in mind, try searching for them on Pricespy.ie to see if they can be found cheaper elsewhere, Pricespy doesn't cover every retailer, but it's still worth a check.

Check if your insurance, employer, etc. offer group scheme access. For example, 123 customers get 10% off in PowerCity.

Definitely best to avoid Power City as if you get their fitter they insist that the item is delivered by them and charge something like €50 or €60 extra for the delivery. Argued that I could take it home in my own car but they were adamant that purchase, fitting and delivery would have to be paid! Not sure if Harvey Norman do the same thing which in my estimation is just a little too smart.

Definitely best to avoid Power City as if you get their fitter they insist that the item is delivered by them and charge something like €50 or €60 extra for the delivery. Argued that I could take it home in my own car but they were adamant that purchase, fitting and delivery would have to be paid! Not sure if Harvey Norman do the same thing which in my estimation is just a little too smart.

Power City hob delivery is €19.95, installation is an extra €40. They don't offer installation only, and in fairness to them this is all clearly detailed in their terms & conditions, and this same model is used by most of the larger players in the market. DID charge €80 for installation of integrated appliances, again, in conjunction with an additional €25 delivery. Harvey Norman charge €60 to fit hobs, and again, this is only available with delivery that costs an additional €25. Curry's charge €20 delivery + €75 installation.

The cheapest service I could find advertised for installation only was €70.

I got great value in an induction hob/oven in B/Q, had left a local Currys/PC World which was the best value to fall over a special in B/Q, worth a visit.

Thanks everyone. So am I right in assuming that you just can’t walk in and buy a hob and take it away?

That is what I had planned to do. On re-reading it seems that if you want the store to install you also have to also buy delivery. If dems the rules....

That is what I had planned to do. On re-reading it seems that if you want the store to install you also have to also buy delivery. If dems the rules....

That seems to be how the majority work alright, that said Power City's combined delivery & installation charge is still cheaper than the charges advertised by independent installers. One benefit of the combined delivery/installation model is you won't have issues waiting around for an installed who might not show up. I recently did some small electrical work for my father, he didn't want to bother me, so only told me after numerous no-shows and a few others never returned calls. It's busy out there, so it's getting more difficult to get the insured pros to take on small jobs such as this.

Back