Recommend bank that can handle website transactions with Realex payment system

G

good2go

Hi, can you anyone recommend a bank that is good at handling website transactions using Realex Payment system? Just found out that Bank of Ireland and Ulster bank can tie in with their a/c systems but we got to have co a/c set up first. Which is the best bank to go with for co a/c???

Read the Realex website and found banks listed. Contacted them for merchant service agreement & fees. Amazed to find how much money these banks are making and not only that Realex needs paying too!! How can it be that two companies are to be paid for handling of credit cards???? Is there anyone out there that can advise on how to keep costs down on trading online with a website??

Amazed to find how much money these banks are making and not only that Realex needs paying too!!
Lack of competition is why they can charge so much.

I went through this painfull process reults as follows.

BOI - they outsource their applications - very poor service and they eventually refused me with no explanation - dont go there is my advice.

AIB - good service and prompt response from local agent - they also refused me in the end as my venture was deemed to risky!

Finally Ulster - joy to deal with - very professional and no problem opening Realex account with them - no problems since we started over 2 years ago.

Do you have to pay fees to Realex and fees to Ulster bank - merchant account service, for the transactions coming from credit/debt card payments?? I'm finding that this is the case. Any advice???

It seems that they both get a % of your sales, so basically you are paying twice.

Back