Recommend a restaurant in Cork please

thebop

Hi there,

Looking for somewhere nice for the other half's birthday this weekend. We like most types of food and have been to many of the usual suspects so would like somewhere we haven't tried. Has anyone been to the brick oven (formerly proby's) or star anise?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

I can recommend Star Anise. Had dinner there recently before going to the Everyman and I was really impressed with it. Delicious food, great service and atmosphere. The early bird menu is pretty reasonable.

Have been to the Brick Oven twice recently, it's quite relaxed but good food and nice atmosphere.

Hi,

We were at Fenn's Quay restaurant recently and it was great. Located at 5, Fenn's Quay (near the Courthouse)

I haven't been to the Brick Oven but I have heard good things about it. One evening we did try to book it on a Saturday we could only get either 6.30 or 9.30 so we decided not to go with it. The other restaurants mentioned here are good so it's just a matter of cost and location!

Thanks for those replies folks.

Davey's Girl - yeah we want somewhere in town.

Have been to isaac's and fenn's quay so would prefer something new. Seeing as it's really more something relaxed we're looking for i think we might try the brick oven.

Thanks again

I would second Start Anise. My favourite restaurant in Cork. The food is superb, the restaurant is small and friendly and service is excellent.

Back