Recommend a Kitchen Fitter in Cork?

Andy_and_lou

We are going to get an Ikea kitchen up in Belfast, just wondering if anyone can recommend a good reliable fitter in Cork?

Thanks
A&L

Hi Andy and Lou.

Same here! Just got a kitchen from IKEA as me and my bf were feeling confident enough to do the job ourselves, and now I do not know what to do with all the flat packs and would really appreciate someone to build and fit everything for us. I'm sick of microwaveable food *lol*

What did you do? Did you find any kitchen fitter in Cork at all to do it?

Thanks in advance for the info! :)

Hi I know its a bit late for you guys. But if its ok, for for any one in a similar situation I recomend the onlinetradesmen.com web site as all their tradespeople have to be quailified professionals. They are not allowed on there unless they provide qualifications, references etc. Hope this helps others as I'm sure alot more people will be following this trend once their new store opens in Dublin.

Hi liosbourne!

I used that page to find someone to fit my kitchen, and ended up asking the carpenters I hired not to come back the next day to finish the job.

The first thing they did upon arrival was opening all the boxes and throwing the instructions away, assuming that an IKEA kitchen would be just like any other.

BECAREFUL! They are absolutely not!

Me and the boyfriend are still mending all the cabinets, and now they look like old - second hand - used cabinets. It's being a terrible experience, believe me.

So, I would recommend the site, and also tradesmen.ie, which are providing me with an excellent service to find a plumber and fit a pressure pump (I'm not related to them in any way), but you have to be extremely carefull with who you pick to do the job!!!! I mean VERY VERY careful, no matter what they say and how expert the pretend to be.

I don't think the guys that came over to my place were qualified at all, to be honest.

So sorry to hear that. But then again a carpenter is not a kitchen fitter. You wouldn't get a doctor to pull you'r tooth, would you !!
I hope you got on ok with tradesmen.ie, but they just charge as many tradesmen as possible for your number, only onlinetradesmen.ie make sure that they use fully qualified people, you just have to make sure what they are qualified in !!
I should have mentioned that I'm a paid up member of both sites, thats how I know how they work.

Back