Recommend a hotel/Apartment in Barcelona?

I

IanL

Hi Just before we book, thought I'd ask if anyone had a good experience in a hotel / apartment in Barcelona City Centre or close by...
Will have a child and would like to have seperate bedroom for him, therefor 2 bed apartment is what we are looking for...
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
I

Some of the websites mentioned in this thread may provide something in the apartment line in Barcelona You may also find something useful in

Barcelona

Just back from Barcelona - stayed in the Hotel H10 Montcada. FANTASTIC location, good clean hotel, nice breakfast. Metro right outside. 2 min walk to Gothic area. About the equivalent of that hotel on the Rock Road in Blackrock (Tara Towers?), though not as big/busy. Is a 4 star hotel in Barcelona but about the equivalent of an Irish 3/3.5 star.

H10 Hotels

I've been very impressed with H10 hotels ... smart/modern and good value.

I've not stayed in the H10 Montcada - but I know where it is alright ... it's a very good location (blackrock isn't maybe the best analogy it is really in the centre) ... busy road so maybe ask for a room @ the back.

I've stayed in the sister hotel the H10 Universitat recently. it's between Catalunya and Universitat also a good location .. it was very nice, though at least some rooms are small (but you're in a great city how long are you going to spend sitting in your hotel room!). Fab breakfast too !

As regards other chains in Barcelona - Husa hotels i've had bad experiences in... would avoid.

G'wan Moneygall !!!

Despite its external appearence the Hotel Moneygall is a real find !

The rooms are basic, but its very cheap, and right on Playa de Catalunya (sp ?) at the top of Las Ramblas. The direct train from the airport stops there and everything.

4 star luxury it ain't, but its a basic family run hotel, in a top central location, and excellent value for money.

Contact them to see if they do suites / family rooms.

Noel

Re: G'wan Moneygall !!!

Yep - stayed in the Montcada 10 with Mrs Roy last year - lots of brownie points for me so that must be a thumbs up.

Roy

Back