Recommend a good estate agent in Lucan?

dubinamerica

Can anyone recommend a good estate agent in Lucan? i.e. one that would provide a good service in so far as speed of putting house on the market, sensible valuation, good at keeping updated on viewings, along with fair cost! I've gotten some quotes at around 1%+VAT and then marketing/advertising costs on top of that.

Derek Mulligan in remax....he was recommended to me and in turn i found him excellent when selling, made the process relatively painless, I know a few people who purchased property through him and also found him v good.

have worked with Fiona Heslin in Liffeyside property just beside the cop shop in lucan village and can recommend her

Having recently bought and sold in Lucan, i feel i know them all inside out!! Gareth Broughan in Lucan Remax sold our house at a time when the market was stagnant and for a good price. He is a great guy with lots of energy and keeps you up to date. I went on in excess of 30 viewings with various estate agents and would advise anyone to stay away from Jim Payne and KBA. They were very irritating and put me off a house several times by being too in your face. Sherry Fitz were good enough. Smith Curley were a bit too flash and their pricing policy would put me off. In short, I would put Gareth Broughan in Remax 1, Sherry Fitz 2.

Hi;
Having recently just sold our house and bought I can give plenty of info.

Smith & Curley sold ours and I have to say they were brillant, did everything we asked and providing us some great info on bidding on other houses and their recommend bidding price. Got back to us every day with an update etc.

Found Remax to be the worst, place a bid in and took 5 days to come back with a response, and in fairness the manners of the person was very poor too.

Jim Payne found them very good when valuing our house and would of use them only for Smith Curley had sold a few in our area before.

DNG keep away

Property Partners : didnt find them great and were late in arriving to value our house and didnt even ring to say they be late or say sorry.

Out of all done Smith Curley & Jim Payne offer the best price for selling our place and are very good dealing with when your buying your own place as get back to very quickly no messing about.

I have used Remax before too and found them to be very professional, i'd try them.

I used Ciaran Curley about 15 months ago and found him to be very good. A bit flash, as someone mentioned, but very efficient. There are two that I would avoid but I'm not going to mention them here. PM me and I'll give you the low-down.

I sold in Lucan this time last year. The market had just started to drop slightly downwards. All of the EA's were so used to just opening the front door and the house selling itself that they were not able to deal with the change in the market. Remax were telling me to pitch at a very high price and there was no way I was going to get it. I was not happy with remax and had to take it back from them after a couple of wasted months and give it to Smith Curley.

I found all of the staff in Smith Curley to be totally straight talking and professional. Always after a viewing there was a phone call, or note left of how things went. Even if the viewing went badly, they would let you know so you were not hanging on for news. Ciaran Curley got me the sale, fairly quickly, to be fair and he got me a decent price. Their fees were fair enough too. If selling in Lucan I would definitely recommend them.

I had viewed a couple of properties with Mark Smith of Smith Curley a couple of years back, (when the market was very buoyant) and again was very courteous and professional (not like some I could mention) who almost made you feel they were doing you a favour by letting you view the house. Its nice to get the feedback of how EA's treat your potential buyers too!

Thanks all for the feedback - plenty of info to think about. it's good to hear all the ins and outs and comments about how professional they are. It would be important to us, to have regular updates and someone that is professional in dealing with clients.. After all we'd be paying them a significant amount to act for us and be our front line person ! Thanks again, plenty to think about here..

Hi there..I am just about to (try) and sell my home in Lucan. Decided to search this and am hoping you can help? I have had 4 agents value it and really dont know who to use. I bought it in 2006 and remember some of the agents rushing me through houses as if it were a time trial. I'm totally confused and was going to give it to dng or sf as both seem pretty professional...Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and hopefully I'll sell soon! Thank you...

would not recommend DNG

we had our house on the market with them for six plus months and have had to take it off them and go with another estate agent (Remax) who so far seem to be very good but its early days.

A good way to check is to get a few people to request a brochure for you from different estate agents and see if it arrives, after we had put our house with DNG I got 3 different people to phone/email in requesting brochure and it was never sent to them.

Also they only seem to have offices in Lucan now so are not getting any passing trade in Leixlip or Celbridge anymore

pleeeeeeasssssse dont go with Gareth Broughan in Remax! As a buyer I went sale agreed on a property with him over a year ago and found him and Remax soooo professional that I ended up pulling out of the sale. On the day I went to view the property he turned up late, opened the door and opened the door and told me to fire ahead... Stupidly I ended up putting in an offer that was accepted but following 20 or so unanswered/i will call you back phone calls I ended up pulling out! Also any questions that I had asked him such as about management fees, parking, schools in the area etc he just shrugged and said he would find out for me...which he never did! I would say Remax... run a mile! That might just be my personal experience! Have however found Berkeley and Associates in Palmerstown AMAZING! no connection just am currently awaiting close from a property with them and have found them so professional and honest. Might be a bit far away from you though in Lucan. Food for thought tho.

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had any more recent feedback about Estate Agent's in Lucan (say in the last 6 months?). We're thinking of selling our 3-bed house to trade up to a 4-bed and would love to hear any positive / negative stories from those who have sold or are currently selling. We're looking to buy in the Lucan area again.

So far I've had feedback from most of them on what their selling and marketing fees are. There's not a huge difference in fees really so there's no point in picking an EA just cos they're a few quid cheaper.

I've spoken with Mark Smith from Smith Curley and found him nice - a little pushy about getting it on the market but nothing wrong in that I suppose. I notice they have quite a few sale agreed/sold/let by signs up so they seem to have a good market share in the Lucan area.

I also spoke with Edel Smyth from Sherry Fitz and she seemed nice.

I got no reply to my enquiries to both Jim Payne or Remax.

Any help or feedback greatly appreciated!

Back