Recommend a good builder you have dealt with

raulDublin

We are looking to get some refurbishment work done in our house in D 15 and wondering if any one in the forum can recommend a good builder ?
Work includes
- 7 wall cents to be added/replaced
- insulation for a small kitchen extension and rework
- Electric work in the Kitchen
- Minor plumbing rework
- Partition wall knock down and plastering/Painting

Our experiences far with the previous builder was that the work varied depending on the quality of the tradesmen he had from very good to just average and we wanted to avoid that .Few of the works here are reworks which are niggles left by the previous builder .
Appreciate if someone can recommendation good builder .

Reminder that recommendations via PM are not allowed and may result in a ban.

This place never ceases to amaze me! I PM'd the OP because on most websites, if you name a builder/tradesman/supplier your deemed to be touting for business. Here it's the opposite and your threatened with a ban after having your post pulled without an alert even getting sent your way!

Builder I used for an extension 18 months ago was Boyne Rock from Ashbourne, Meath. Very happy with them. Easy to deal with and carried out the job from foundations to electrics.

Builder I used for an extension 18 months ago was Boyne Rock from Ashbourne, Meath. Very happy with them. Easy to deal with and carried out the job from foundations to electrics.
See... that wasn't too hard... now we all have a chance to employ your builder! :)

Why is that an issue . Let the OP decide if the PM is genuine or touting for business ?

Paddy is correct in that the goal here is to share such information publicly so that many others may benefit over time. Anyone who has had a good experience dealing with a business should have no real issues recommending them publicly, and we welcome Frequent Posters to do so,

The rule itself was mainly brought in in response to numerous complaints from posters who had taken PMs at face value and ended up getting into trouble, in one particular case a poster who took a recommendation on a builder only for that builder to cause damage that cost well into six figures to put right.

We also all too regularly have to deal with posters who sign-up, and pretend to be satisfied customers when in fact they own or work for the business they are pretending to be customers of. It is those users who we ban for such activity.

Back