Recommend a dishwasher brand?

Our 4 year old bosch recently stopped working.

€89 to get engineer out to be told that the motor was gone and would cost €295 to replace on top of the call out.

Had originally paid about €550 for the dishwasher as I was under the impression that Bosch were amongst the more reliable. Guess we were just unlucky with our experience.

Just purchased an electrolux as a replacement machine and the major decision factors were length of warranty was longer than bosch, quicker "eco" wash and lower water use, machine was also 10% less decibels.

All good so far :)

Our 4 year old bosch recently stopped working.

€89 to get engineer out to be told that the motor was gone and would cost €295 to replace on top of the call out.

Did the engineer say what the actual fault with the motor was? Outside of warranty if one of our appliances stops working I throw it into the boot of the car and bring it up to the local repair shop - saves on call out fees ;)

Am on my second Bosch, first one conked out after < 2 years. Miele are supposed to be the Dog's but too pricey for me. Bought the second Bosch second hand which helped ease the pain. Main thing to look for is that they do a quick wash. The one on the Bosch Classixx takes about 30 min.

Back