Recommend a camera?

Pink

Hi

Sorry I posted this in the wrong place before!!

Anyway, can anyone please recommend a good DSLR camera?

I'm only starting out so don't want to spend too much,
Any suggestions etc?

Quality wise you won't go far wrong with either Canon or Nikon.

One thing to watch for though with DSLRs: the "kit" lens supplied with them, though typically very cheap, is not that great. If you can afford it, buy the body only and upgrade to a better lens.

i was thinking about buying the nikon d40x but a colleague of mine recently
bought the below and i think i have changed my mind as this is very good and great value. He spent a half day researching on the net and decided on this. I would also be interested to hear other opinions

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse510/

The Nikon D40/D40x or Canon 400D are the ones to go for. You could also pick up a second hand Canon 350D either, plenty of good deals to be had on ebay.

Have a look at www.dpreview.com for excellent detailed reviews.

Last edited:
Pink is looking for a dslr not a point and shoot i'm guessing -

"Anyway, can anyone please recommend a good DSLR camera?"

here is a good website for nikon comparisons...
[broken link removed]

Currys are doing a good offer with nikon d40x at 620 euro, and d40 at 450 euro or something like that, plus you can get up to 60 euro cashback with the current Nikon offer

[broken link removed]

I have the D40 and the lens is very good. It's a lovely camera to use and takes great shots. Very light too and with a great LCD and viewfinder.

Gillers

Do people find WiFi connectivity much of a benefit? The idea of tranferring photos wirelessly seems good in theory and I'm looking to buy a Nikon at the moment.

Do people find WiFi connectivity much of a benefit? The idea of tranferring photos wirelessly seems good in theory and I'm looking to buy a Nikon at the moment.

I won't be upgrading my cameras for a while, but, this WiFi memory card is getting good reviews.. http://www.eye.fi/

Not having to fuss with USB cable would be nice. I believe that you can set the Eye-Fi to upload automatically to a Flickr account with the privacy set so that only you can see it. That would be a handy way of backing up photos when away from home!

Thanks for all your advice.
I'm checking out a few prices at the moment...Why can't all stores be the same price!!!
Probably going to wait until the sales and see if they come down at all...

Back