Reclaiming expenses resulting from cancelled flights last week

frankbradz

I was supposed to fly back to Dublin from Heathrow last Thursday evening with Aer Lingus. I got a text on Wednesday evening telling me the flight was cancelled. I rebooked for Saturday morning and got a text on Friday saying this was cancelled.

The only available flights with Aer Lingus out of any London airport were on the Monday morning. I needed to be home for an important family event on the Sunday, so ended up getting getting a Ryanair flight on the Saturday evening from Birmingham airport.

During this time I accumulated a number of expenses - 2 extra hotel nights, a train to Birmingham, a Ryanair flight and food expenses.

I have receipts for all of the above. Am I able to claim back on any of these expenses?

Thanks

I think you could be out of luck with the Ryanair flight and train to Birmingham, but should get the other expenses.

Would be happy enough to get back my hotel and food expenses. How do I go about this? Contact Aer Lingus directly?

See the Aer Lingus details here, Disrupted Flight Refund claim forms may be obtained here. You are entitled to claim up to €250 for flights of less than €1,500km.

Back