Recessed Drainer in Quartz Stone Kitchen counter

suzyann

Hi , we are changing our kitchen and will have a quartz worktop . I have a dishwasher bur would still wash as I go and wouldn't use dish washer on a daily basis . Does anyone have any experience with a recessed Drainer in stone worktop and would you recommend getting this .we've been quoted an additional 900 euro for this . Thanks

Have seen it, though not used it. I opted for the cutout and inset metal drainer. The cut stone one definitely looks nicer, though it would want to at €900. Don't know how they compare for cleanability, though I can't imagine too many problems. Metal drainer can get a bit grotty in hard water areas.

I have a recessed drainer in a stone workshop. It looks great and is very easy to clean.

Mine isn't very good at draining, though. I don't think its sloped enough and the grooves aren't very deep so dishes are sitting in water. I'm pretty sure it wasnt 900 or anything close to that, so maybe I have a cheap one.

I would ask to see a real example of what they intend to do to see if it would be good enough.

Thank you for the replies. I agree huskerdu , for that money they should provide detail of what's involved and what the expectation should be. To date we have seen it in the Kube Kitchen showroom and liked. From a functionality perspective I want to be sure it's worth the money . thanks

Back