Recent Issues with Gmail

Hi Páid

Yes we do send a registration email.

Hotmail blocks them all at server level so we tell people to register from another email service.

Might encryption solve that problem?

Brendan
Encryption (of the actual email) has nothing to do with. Barely any email is encrypted these days. It won't solve the problem either.

Brendan: this article might help. https://www.higherlogic.com/blog/spf-dkim-dmarc-email-authentication/
Essentially, you'd need to talk to whoever you host your domain with (I assume you aren't doing this directly yourself), who then needs to make some configuration for the mx records of askaboutmoney.com
TL;DR: this will essentially tell other email servers that the server that is sending emails for askaboutmoney.com is the properly authorised to do so, and will stop treating all email from askaboutmoney.com as spam. This will also solve your hotmail problem.

Of course, might not be worth the hassle for you, but would show that you are being a "Good Citizen" in the email space.

I checked the DNS records again and they look to have been updated to what I would have expected them to be. Both SPF and DMARC are there now and look correct.

This might resolve the issue so I would suggest not making any further changes for now. If Gmail still flags askaboutmoney.com emails after a few days then maybe report it again in this thread.

Personally I like email notifications. Saves me from having to check the website. It's a real productivity boon on a busy forum. I have them filtered so all my forum emails go into a folder and are set up so I don't get notifications from them. AAM maybe not be a busy forum but others are and I don't want them in my main email or getting notifications. Forum emails are non essential emails.

Ideally the email should have the text of the post in it. So you don't have to look up the forum. Some forums just say there's been a reply which removes lot of the utility of getting the email.

TL;DR: this will essentially tell other email servers that the server that is sending emails for askaboutmoney.com is the properly authorised to do so, and will stop treating all email from askaboutmoney.com as spam. This will also solve your hotmail problem.
We have a 9/10 score mostly because DKIM is the only record no set up:
1647555778836.png

Our hosting has suggested to use a 3rd party email provider (like Amazon SES) to send the emails. I've just asked if they can create an email on the server to get SMTP credentials and encrypt the emails. I'll post if I have new updates

I subscribed to a few threads on here and replies are being delivered to my (non-gmail) email address without problem. I wouldn't make any further changes unless a member reports that there is an issue.

Back