Recent Build/Material Costs

Dude,

I am building in Mayo.

Would love to hear from where I can import the renewable technolgies:

- velux solar panels (3 or 4 of them)
- HRV system
- wood burning range to heat rads/water/cook. Must heat at least 8 rads - I will have 14 in 2-3 zones.

Try nuaire a crowd in the north for your HRV system, i got the complete system including all fittings for a 3500sq ft house for 1500 euro and fitted myself from the drawings supplied, very simple to do. the same firm said they would charge 5500 euro to supply and fit( 1 days work is all it takes)

Mac,

I have looked into importing renewable technolgies and have found no justifiable savings. We are getting pretty good value in Ireland.

Joejoe

Thanks for this joe.

Does seem to me that HRV systems are obscenely priced here. 7-8k for a fan, heat exchange and a lot of insulated pipe is expensive!! I find it hard to believ that we cannot get a system for 3-4k.

Thanks for this joe.

Does seem to me that HRV systems are obscenely priced here. 7-8k for a fan, heat exchange and a lot of insulated pipe is expensive!! I find it hard to believ that we cannot get a system for 3-4k.

You can 4k (supply & fit), I will look for the company details and pass them on to you.

Joejoe

Try nuaire a crowd in the north for your HRV system, i got the complete system including all fittings for a 3500sq ft house for 1500 euro and fitted myself from the drawings supplied, very simple to do. the same firm said they would charge 5500 euro to supply and fit( 1 days work is all it takes)

Great, thats more like it. How to you find it? Works well? Is this a recent build?

Great, thats more like it. How to you find it? Works well? Is this a recent build?
Hi mac, yes, a recent build finished in October, the system is great no problems, this is the 2nd system i have installed now, both from Nuaire, very good company to deal with. The system is so simple to install -including the pipe runs etc. Good luck

Back