Receiving Letter & Requesting Calculations

AAM_User

Received our letter of offer on redress this morning & called to request how the calculations were reached.

They said it'll take up to two weeks to send them. I commented how I thought it would have made common sense to include the figures & was told "Not everybody is requesting them".

So please, call up & request your figures as soon as you get your letter.

It's madness people don't want to check the calculations.

It's also wrong the calculations are not sent. And the CB should have insisted on it.

I also phoned to order my calculations sheet but I was told it would be at least 2 weeks as they are concentrating on sending out the letters.

I got my letter last Thursday and immediately phoned to request calculations.

Still waiting......it's a joke!

I think that ptsb are right the way they are handling this issue.

They sent out a 17 page letter as it is. I gather that the calculations run to many more pages.

They will mean nothing to most people.

Brendan

Brendan, had I read on a thread somewhere that the calculations are day by day rather than like the annual statement that we're used to?

If so, it will be a nightmare! For the minute though, my interest is in what rate they have applied from Jan 09 (when I came off fixed rate) to April 10 (when I should have come out).

Have they left me on the variable rates that had previously been applied for that period? So frustrated waiting to find out.

They sent out a 17 page letter as it is. I gather that the calculations run to many more pages.

They will mean nothing to most people.

I agree and 17 pages seems extreme already but surely they could have outlined the actual interest charged v the revised interest on a monthly or annual basis with the letter.

A daily calculation over 5 years will have more than 1,800 lines on it.

About a year into this, I was speaking with someone wondering if they'd be open to doing some sort of deal & he said to me "Banks won't do anything to benefit you, that doesn't benefit them first". It's stuck with me ever since.

They could have surmised the calculations by month & provided that with some easy to follow charts (numbers aren't everyone's thing)

Back