Receiving Incoming Calls using VOIP phone

djsim

Hey guys,

I am in the process of moving into a new out. I just found out that ICE broadband has entered the area and offer wireless.

To cut a long story short I want a wirelss phone that allows people to ring me. ( I dont have a landline) I beleive skype offer this serivce where you pay 50 quid a year and they give you a fixes number so people can ring you when your PC is of?

Has anyone used this service, is it any good?

James.

What about an ATA, a normal cordless phone and a contract with Blueface or the like? See here for example.

Yes I had a skype In number for a while, it was a UK number that was assigned to me though, as far as I know it is not yet possible to have an Irish prefixed number. The upshot was anytime anyone here in Ireland caled me they had to pay call tariffs as if it were the UK they had called.

Ah - yes ... another recent thread pointed out that SkypeIn is not available in Ireland (or at least with an Irish number).

I hve been using Blueface for a few years now and have an allocated phone number from them where I can both make and recieve calls.

I bought one of their routers off them at the outset and can connect any irish corded phone ( or in my case a BT phone with Irish adaper) or DECT phone to it.

I'm with Clearwire at present which is also a wireless service so I'd say you should be ok. Blueface tech service are very helpful so if you want to know how they work with ICE , it be worth giving them a ring.

Good luck!

Back