Receiving credit card payments for Business?

roadrunner

I need to setup a facility where customers can pay us by creditcard either over phone , online or on the premises.
Who should I contact to get this setup - our Bank suggested a certain company but their charges seem excessive.

You will need a merchant account for a bank. Then an account with a processing company to actually process the transactions.

I worked with realex payments recently for a site , and found them good (no connection).

All of this will cost money ,so look at the paypal option if you are on a tight budget.

To get a physical Visa/Mastercard terminal you should ring Ingenico. Don't know if this is what you're looking for

Ingenico only supply terminals to some of the acquiring banks in this country. No point talking to them.

The process is fairly striaghtforward.

Contact your bank and their card acquiring division will set you up with a merchant contract and provide you with the terminal. Once you are up and working and accepting transactions, you batch the termnal each evening and the funds will flow into your bank account following some processing undertaken by the bank.

You wiull be charged a Merchant Service Charge (approx 2% on credit card transaction value and flat fee per laser transaction.) There may also be a monthly service charge for the terminal.

Typical charges with Ulsterbank are:

Credit card sales: 2.5%
Debit card sales: 25 cent per sale
Terminal rental: €17.50 + VAT

Contacted BOI card division - Elavon is the name of the merchant card company. They charge 30 per month for service, another 30 if you want a terminal to accept cc payment. 199 registration & 2.5 for each transaction processed. Surely there is something better than this.

How about realex? anyone have any knowledge of them?

Realex are are very good company and have an excellent reputation within the card industry.

Give them a shout and see.

Back