Receiver releasing houses??

rion

Hi I can anyone shed some light if they have been in a similar situation. I have been looking to buy a house for a few years but there hasn't been many in the areas I want. Last Friday 4 houses went on the market, I've heard they are all with the one receiver.

None of the 4 houses suit me but I a few on the same estate that would suit.. Has anyone been in this situation I want to hold out to get the right house but don't know if the 1's I want will be held back for a long time or is it that when the receiver sets in he works his way threw the estate till he has them all sold or do the usually just put a few on then leave it for year or so..

Ps they seem to be selling these houses quite quick 2 are sale agreed already!!
Any advise or helpful info would be much appreciated..

I am just worried I will loss out and end up paying dead money on rent for a long time..

Regards Marie..

go into the main head branches of estate agents and ask for the list of repossessed houses they have on their books,
they will then provide you with the list.

I am just worried I will loss out and end up paying dead money on rent for a long time..

Well first of all rent is not dead money, you do actually get the benefit of the property while you rent it and you avoid the typical risk of property ownership that occur on a regular basis, despite what the average Irish buyer is lead to believe.

If you do want to buy a property then the best thing to do is call up the offices of the receiver and let them know you are interested in a particular property. Their main concern is to dispose of the property at the best price they can get and they usually have no problem about telling you what is likely to happen with the property you are interested in.

Back