Receiver on Family Home

SPARKS12

Hi

I have a mortgage with Tanager , its on my family home , taken out in 2006 .

I have arrears but have been trying to pay off etc .

In june last they appointed a receiver on my home , they sent (by normal post )me a Deed of Appointment of Receiver by Virtue of and order made by a Scottish Court .

The also sent an Estate agent to deliver the notice , it was addressed to the tenants , which there are none because I live here . They said that my house was considered commercial . I sent them supporting documentation showing that its my home and also got MAPS to send them same .

Just recently the estate agent called again with the same documentation , they said it was a routine inspection , I was livid and asked them not to call to my home again .

I contacted Tannager again and sent them all the up-to-date supporting documentation and they said they would get back to me , but haven't .

What powers have the receiver got over my house and is the deed of a Scottish court enforceable here .

I was considering renting a room out under the scheme to help pay down the arrears , can I still do that , is that considered commercial.
Thanks

If the original loan application clearly stated that the property was going to be your family home then they should not have appointed a Receiver: They are obligated to go through the MARP process and then apply to court for a possession order.

The rent a room scheme would not be considered commercial.

You should really see a PIP to obtain advice on all your options. The MABS offices provide a great service, but sometimes they do not see the benefits of a PIA.

Jim Stafford

Thanks Jim for the response , much appreciated .

Yes it was clear that it was for my family home .

Back