Real Estate Agents in North Dublin

room305

Hi,

I'm planning on selling a house in North Dublin and was wondering if anyone had any advice - good, bad or indifferent, on the different REAs in the area?

Cheers
r305

My advice, is to employ one of the big ones that use Myhome.ie. eg DNG, Sherry Fitz, or Gunne. More people will watch myhome than nicemove.ie or browse though agents' windows

Thanks for the advice redo. Now I come up against another problem. I've talked to a few different REAs and the range in valuations on the house is quite large (close to 10%). The REA who thinks he will get the highest price also has the highest fees.

Is there any chance the REA has put an unrealistically high value on the house in order to get the sale? While I think it would be counter-productive to do so, I don't have enough familiarity with how they work to be entirely sure.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks for the advice redo. Now I come up against another problem. I've talked to a few different REAs and the range in valuations on the house is quite large (close to 10%).

Personally, I think the market will decide what your property is worth. Many here will probably have opinions on asking prices. I would be inclined to go for a big name EA with lots of experience of selling in the area.

Hi Paul5,

Thanks for the advice. I suppose my concern is that some estate agents have a reputation of pushing for a quick sale whereas we are happy to hold out for our price. If the estate agent puts it on the market at well below the price we wish to achieve, it may be difficult to reach that amount.

I think we are pretty much decided that we will pick the more expensive REA. Not just because he thinks he will fetch a higher price but also because his approach was far more professional than any of the others we have spoken too.

Have you considered selling it without an EA ?

You can advertise on DAFT or even Buy and Sell...

It's still pretty much a sellers market, particularly in the Greater Dublin Area. If you're prepared to handle the admin/viewings etc you could save yourself €'s for not too much work.

I'm sure all EA's would disagree!

Have you considered selling it without an EA ?

I did consider but the viewings would present a problem. Both myself and my girlfriend are incredibly busy and even getting time to clean the place up and ready it for sale is difficult enough!

I like the idea though.

You should try and negotiate with the highest charging one if you have not already done so. All auctioneers percentages are negotiable.

We chose one of the bigger agents and were able to negotiate quite a bit on the rate. They were keen for us to put a high asking price on the house so that it didn't undercut similar houses they were selling in the area. Once the sale was underway we were happy with our choice. The difference in fees between agents wasn't big enough for us to choose one of the smaller names.

Thanks Art, Myhome. Spoke to my Dad recently who also thinks we should sell it ourselves! We've one more REA to speak to but I think if we could bargain a little with bigger agent then that will be who we go with. Looking at his recent sales in the area he does appear to get better prices.

Since we won't be in a property chain I'll make it clear that we are happy to hold out for our price.

One recommendation - DO NOT USE GWD, plenty of other alternatives including selling yourself.

Roy

Was a year or so ago - but I found DNG very good / negotiated fee etc......... Best of luck!!

Back