Real Costs of a sandwich cafe

G

Guinness66

Hello

I am looking to purchase a medium size cafe business in Dublin and looking for some advice. I have been given the figures by the operator and was just wondering if anybody can tell me if these are accurate % costs. I have been also given a selling price, so is this good value for the sales. I just want to know if i can make a living of this business.

The figures are all approx -

Good footfall in front of business
Sales 550,000 per year approx.
Food and take out costs - 33% ( 176,550 euro)
Wages - 25% ( 133,750 euro )
Overheads - 20% ( this includes rent, insurance etc - 107,000)

Any input or questions would be great.

Regards

Dont forget us

We will be putting our hand in your pocket

Rates

Waste collection

Water Rates

Permits ( seating outside ? )

Dont worry about de various agencies ( H&SA, FSA, NDA etc ) dem lads can wait - youse will be paying us first

Hey

There are two managers there at the moment getting paid about 18,000 a year. I will probaly keep one on and maybe pay myself the other managers wage for the first year.

What you think.

Thanks

Re: Dont forget us

Hey

The county council always comes first in payment !!!

There is a lease which involves the collection of waste which is not too bad.

How do you apply for outside seating are. Does there have to be a certain width on the pavement to get this permit and do you need special insurance to cover youself in case of a accident.

Thanks

Outside tables.

Just passing by Butlers Cafe in Chatham Street and I notice that they had a planning permission request for outside tables, placed in their window. Maybe have a look at this for information. Ever think of taking on a partner to share costs?

Street Furniture

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

'n dem shop signs need de permission too

top tip : never remove a sign before you have a new one with which to replace it - usually dont need to apply for permission dat way

Food business

Nice money... where can I get me a businesss like that??? seems a bit rich may I say.

Re: Food business

Just passing by Butlers Cafe in Chatham Street and I notice that they had a planning permission request for outside tables, placed in their window. Maybe have a look at this for information.
Interesting, I passed there on Sunday and they had outside tables setup!

Re: Food business

[duplicate message due to EZboard bug?]

Back