Re-upholstery, any recommendations?

terrysgirl33

I'm looking to get a two seater couch and two chairs re-upholstered. We're in Lucan, so somewhere in Dublin or Kildare would be best. Can anyone recommend, or warn about re-upholsterers???

I've been in touch with Joseph Kenny of Northside Upholstery and Michael McKeon of McKeon Upholstery.

Thanks for that Leo. The companies linked to from the threads are mostly gone though!

ETA: Zivago are mentioned in one post, I've bought upholstery supplies from them before and found them good, I may call in and see if they recommend anyone.

ETA again, I have no idea if the upholsterers are still in business, but the links in the posts no longer work so I don't know who they are talking about.

Thanks Gordanus, they gave me a quote of €750 compared to much less elsewhere!

I got couch and 2 Queen Anne armchairs upholstered last month in AJ Upholstery , Capel St . They did a great job, fast efficient service by people who know their job . They have a fantastic range of materials to choose from so material cost is the major factor in any job,
No relation; just a very satisfied customer.

I recently used Crescent Interiors in Santry to recover a three piece suite (with deep buttoning). Thye did a great job and were quite reasonable to the prices I was quoted.

Back